David is a nationally recognized executive, certified consultant, and broadcaster who has been growing companies for several decades and providing processes, programs, and intelligence to organizations of all sizes, including Verizon, Motorola, Apple, PNC Bank, National PTA, and others.
Currently, he’s CEO of ConfirmedApp.com where his SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) & advisory helps organizations reclaim unproductive time to refocus on the activities & people that most contribute to their success. In that role, he has figured out how to identify the items that most negatively affect productivity for various teams; and use Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Cognitive Science to create processes that are both more effective and more efficient.
In his previous SaaS company, he grew his user base to 780,000 over several years. And he grew a broadcast radio network from zero to over 1 million weekly listeners.
He started his career in engineering/scientific computing, and has subsequently contributed for companies in manufacturing, technology, education, professional services, non-profit, and other industries.
He helped Verizon transform from a regulated phone company to an Internet goliath. He helped Apple create processes that became foundational to the App Store.
Publications & Networks
- Various scientific and business journals – 1987-present — including Gartner’s New Science, The American Business Association’s New Business Journal, Meta Group Industry Studies
- Syndicated Newspaper column – Weekly tech/business columns with The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette as Flagship publication. (over 900 published)
- “Building a Successful Software Business” (O’Reilly Media) – called “the Swiss Army knife of high-tech marketing”
- Internet Insider Radio Network (Talk show host and Executive Producer) – broadcast on 400 radio stations including WABC, KRLA, KDKA (flagship), WNEW, WMAL as well as XM Satellite and Armed Forces Radio
- MBA, Duke University (Fuqua School of Business)
- BS, Yale University
- Advanced Consultant Certification, Dale Carnegie
Awards & Speaking
- Keynote – Duquesne University SBDC Entrepreneurs Growth Conference
- Keynote – Industry 4.0 Conference
- Conference co-Chair and keynote – Sales Force Automation Conference
- Conference co-Chair and keynote – Internet Expo
- Conference co-Chair and keynote – Web World
- Named “People to Watch” – American Cities Business Journal
- Finalist for two Broadcast Communicator Awards
- Four-time finalist for AIR Awards – Best Talk Show Host and Best Public Service Show
- Participated in the FCC CAN-SPAM hearings
- Visited the White House for economic strategy meetings with The Chief Economist of the United States of America
- Board of Advisors – Pennsylvania State University Behrend School of Industrial Engineering
- Board of Advisors – Oracle Field Manufacturing and Maintenance Practice
- com ISV Partner
- Microsoft Partner Network