Technology controls are more important than ever. In the absence of properly-functioning controls, entire systems and the data contained therein can quickly become infected, breached, or simply stop functioning. Auditors, business managers, and consultants all need to know how to evaluate critical technology controls and in this session, you will learn the best ways to evaluate essential information technology general controls and application controls.
- Distinguish between information technology general controls and information technology application controls
- Identify key information technology control risks within an organization
- Design and perform tests of information technology controls
- Create recommendations for improving information technology controls in an organization
- Fundamental knowledge of computer operations and internal controls