While there are a wide range of ways to analyze data, one must first retrieve, scrub, and organize data effectively before any of those techniques can be used. This session will help users understand and utilize end user data retrieval tools like Microsoft Power Query as well as content packs for Microsoft Power BI to connect, retrieve, reorganize, and create scripts to automatically reformat data of all kinds from a wide variety of sources. Attend this session and learn to use these powerful tools to solve and automate your data extraction and transformation processes.
- Define the major components included in Microsoft Power Query and Power BI Content Packs
- Explain how Power Query fits into the Microsoft self-service Business Intelligence ecosystem (Power Query, Power Map, Power Pivot, Power View, and Power BI)
- List the types of data sources which can be accessed using Power Query, Power Pivot, and Power BI Content Packs.
- Describe how Power Query transformations can be used to reformat, combine, and rearrange data retrieved from a wide range of sources.
- Explain how Power BI and the Excel Data Model provide ways to use this data to create effective reports.
- Fundamental knowledge of computer operations and Microsoft Excel