Although Power BI Desktop dates back to 2015, many business professionals are just becoming acquainted with the tremendous power of this terrific reporting tool. If you are ready to get started with Power BI Desktop, then this session is for you! In the first fifteen minutes of this session, you will learn how you can link data into Power BI Desktop and create dashboard-style reports with ease. From there, you will learn how to build even more sophisticated reports from differing types of data and how you can apply sophisticated filters to meet your exacting reporting needs. If you are interested in elevating your financial and operations reports with Power BI, then make plans to participate in this session.
- Identify the required steps to query data into Power BI
- List examples of useful transformations you can create in Power BI
- Indicate which chart types are most effective in given situations
- Cite examples of ways to improve your visualizations
- Fundamental knowledge of computer operations