New and improved features in Excel tools such as Power Query and Power Pivot means that yesterday’s techniques for generating reports in Excel are obsolete. Best practices for next generation reporting include building queries and transformations using Power Query, adding user-defined calculations with Data Analysis Expressions, managing data models in Power Pivot, reducing dependency on formulas with PivotTables, and adding visualizations where appropriate. Participate in this session so that you can learn the best practices for preparing and automating your Excel-based reports.
- List some of the deficiencies associated with traditional Excel-based reporting
- Identify the roles of tools such as Power Query, Power Pivot, and Data Analysis Expressions in next-generation Excel-based reports
- Create data queries and transformations using Power Query
- Identify the steps for managing Data Models in Power Pivot
- List the steps necessary for summarizing data from a Data Model using a PivotTable
- Fundamental knowledge of computer operations and Microsoft Office Excel