This is a modal window.
The number of apps, services, platforms, etc. that we are using is increasing every year. The amount of data we are collecting and processing is expanding at an exponential rate. There is a need to standardize, streamline, and optimize our ability to manage the ever-growing list of systems and their data. Conquering your data can help improve efficiency, effectiveness, reduce cost, and errors inside an organization. This course will discuss the various ways of sharing data easily between different applications, platforms, and services. It will look at various tools (e.g. IFTTT, Flow, Zapier), desktop application functionalities (e.g. Power Query), and programming techniques (e.g. VBA, M, etc.) more to manage this process. This course is perfect for the do-it-yourself person that is looking to find ways to personally conquer and manage their data more effectively. The attendee with gain familiarity with these different tools, their strengths, and weakness and how they could be used in their organizations.
- Define and identify where their organization keeps its data and how to access that data. A detailed look at the role that databases, APIs, webhooks play in data sharing.
- Identify major opportunities and business cases where data sharing and integration would be efficient, effective, and useful for an organization.
- List the various tools, services, and programs which can be used to manage that data and share it with other systems
- A detailed and deep look at the major reporting, desktop, and cloud tools which can be used for reporting or data sharing both personally and for organization data.
- Identify the cost and benefits of the various data sharing techniques and approaches to an organization.
- Construct and build data sharing and integration processes using widely available tools such as PowerQuery, Power BI, and more.