Even in the newest versions of Excel, many time-tested, tried-and-true tips and tricks continue to provide great value to Excel users. This session will cover some of the top Excel tips and tricks based on twenty-five years of delivering continuing education to accountants and business professionals. Some of the tips covered include enabling global rounding to avoid the "one-cent" rounding error in Excel, using the Camera to create dynamic reports from multiple ranges, and using Data Validation to automate data entry and reduce error rates. Whether you are a new or experienced Excel user, don't miss this opportunity to improve your spreadsheet skills.
- Describe how to use global rounding to eliminate rounding errors in Excel and eliminate positive and negative zeroes in worksheet reports
- Explain the impact of the accounting format on underlines and cell alignment
- Use the Camera to create dynamic reports from worksheet snippets and to paste Excel data into Word documents
- Describe Data Validation and how to use it to automate data entry and reduce errors
- Employ sum-through formulas more effectively using the SUM function rather than using an arithmetic formula
- Good working knowledge of Excel