This is a modal window.
Unlike mainstream technologies in use in businesses every day, there are upcoming technologies which have the potential to drastically change how we work, live, and play in the years ahead. New and upcoming technologies such as blockchain, cryptocurrency, big data, artificial intelligence, and machine learning all offer great potential, just as the advent of the personal computer did some four decades ago. This session will cover an assortment of technologies which are nearing mainstream adoption and help you understand what they do, how they work, as well as some of the potential risks and rewards they offer potential users, particularly in business environments. In this course, you will learn the basics of blockchain, cryptocurrency, big data, artificial intelligence, and machine learning. You will also learn about the anticipated uses, benefits, risks, and threats posed to legacy businesses by these innovative, yet disruptive platforms. Now is the time to prepare for the future by learning about these technologies and how they will impact and potentially disrupt current business practices. This course is going to focus on the technology and real-world applications of blockchain, cryptocurrency, big data, and artificial intelligence. It will not discuss the tax, legal, or ethical impact of these technologies. This course is ideal for financial professionals that are looking to build working knowledge on these topics and find useful ways of applying them to their organizations.
- Define the importance of technology trends and potentially how they impact your organization.
- Review the main features of blockchain technology and the major features for business.
- Walk through a blockchain transaction using Bitcoin. A review of how the transaction originates and how flows through the blockchain.
- Analyze and review two major real-world blockchain pilot projects with Walmart and Maersk.
- Discussion of the future of Blockchain technology.