If you need to build advanced Excel reports, including reports where the source data resides in your accounting software or another database, then this program should be at the top of your CPE list! In this seminar, you will learn how to use Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) and Online Analytic Processing (OLAP) to connect Excel to external data sources, such as your accounting software database, to extract data for reporting and analysis. You will also learn how to incorporate PivotTables into your reporting routines, including how to add calculations to your PivotTables, how to group PivotTable data into fiscal reporting periods, and how to filter your PivotTables using Slicers. You will also learn best practices for presenting compelling and captivating Excel-based reports and charts, and how to use two Excel add-ins – BizNet’s Excel Business Information Suite and Microsoft’s Power Pivot – to streamline and automate many of the manual processes associated with building Excel-based reports. In sum, if you generate financial or operational reports in Excel, you cannot afford to miss this program! Many accounting and financial professionals spend far too much time in Excel accessing and converting financial data into useful reports. If there is the chance you may not be taking full advantage of all that Excel has to offer as a reporting tool, then you should make plans to participate in this program.
- Link and import data from external databases – including multi-table databases – into Excel.
- Use Tables and PivotTables to create accurate financial reports and analyses.
- List and apply Excel shortcuts for formatting financial reports.
- Implement Excel templates to improve reporting productivity.
- Identify opportunities to work with third-party tools to streamline reporting in Excel
- Strong working knowledge of Excel 2007 or newer