Array formulas are a long-standing feature in Excel. But recent enhancements to Excel have breathed new life into this feature. With the new “dynamic array” concept, you can leverage Excel’s array formulas in ways that you may have never imagined possible. In this session, you will learn how you can put the power of array formulas to work for you. This session begins with an overview of Excel’s “legacy” array features and shows you how you can continue to take advantage of these tools. The course then discusses the recent enhancements to Excel that facilitate “dynamic arrays” and why these enhancements are so significant. To wrap up the conversation, you will learn from numerous practical examples of dynamic arrays and how you can put them to work for you.
- Identify examples of “legacy” array formulas
- List examples of when dynamic arrays can be useful
- Create formulas using Excel’s SORT, FILTER, UNIQUE, and SEQUENCE functions
- Cite examples of when using Dynamic Arrays is advisable
- Fundamental knowledge of Excel