Security is a top concern for CPAs every year, yet many hacks result from organizations failing to implement effective information technology controls. In this session, you will learn about critical controls by using case studies from recent security incidents. This strategy helps you understand risks and appropriate responses. Participate in this session to learn how to reduce your risk associated with unauthorized access, theft of information, identity theft, data exfiltration, tax refund fraud, and more.
- List examples of major security incidents reported in the last two years and the related security weaknesses that allowed each breach to occur
- Define the three methods used to authenticate a user to a system
- Differentiate between the security in home-grade technology and business-grade technology
- Identify three security best practices to help mitigate risk
- Fundamental knowledge of basic technological and security concepts