Excel remains the tool of choice for many professionals when building financial models, including forecasted financial statements and budgets. Yet many of these professionals have never received any training on the best practices associated with generating financial modeling spreadsheets. Participate in this session to learn many amazing techniques that will not only help you to save valuable time when building your Excel-based models but will also improve the accuracy and quality of your results.
- Identify ten best practices for creating financial models in Excel;
- Utilize Excel features and add-in services for sensitivity, trend, and discounted cash-flow analyses;
- Create optimization models using Excel’s Solver tool;
- Implement procedures for eliminating errors in Excel-based financial models; and
- Incorporate various formatting techniques to improve the usefulness of reports.
- Fundamental knowledge of computer operations and Microsoft Office Excel